View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Maui, Oh my Gosh !!!!

Hi Guys, I just wanted to touch bases between my kite sessions. Of course as soon as we landed I was more worried to look at the palm trees outside than my luggage. We landed on Monday afternoon and the wind was 20k + but of course I couldn`t drop everything there and go for a quick session so I decided to let it go and head to Kihei, 20min drive from KiteBeach. Tuesday I definitely had to kite so we went down to KiteBeach again, the wind was coming in ON/OFF so I decided to ask a local instructor how was the best way to launch....and of course I made a little mess, I was able to get my 7m Halo inverted. I must say that the pressure was ON, kiting in Maui for the first time, I felt all the local`s eyes on, especially because I didn`t see any Halo here !! I waited a little bit and tried again, this time went definitely better, you have to bodydrag a bit out where the wind is clearer. You guys think that our cold fronts are gusty, that is nothing !!! Anyway, I was able to have some fun without trying anything crazy, especially because those guys were pulling off handle passes and other tricks that I could not even understand. Ah, I forgot that some people were out on 5m kite !!! It says it all. Today quick session and it`s definitely getting better, I`m getting used to the conditions........That`s it for now but will keep you posted.

take care
m