View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott
If you are not scared of wind events (especially after getting worked), you really should be.
Yep.

I got a nice little reminder about a month ago. Gusty conditions.. very choppy water.. one foot came out of a strap and in my efforts to correct this I oversteered the kite and got airborne and brought down in some super shallow water (Sandbar at Cypress).

Came down with a smack.. didnt break or twist anything .. just gave me a huge scare. (the pain came the next day). After the long board retreival I was shaken up and couldnt kite anymore that day. My next few times out I was so tenative about everything. Took a while to get back into a flow again. I can assume Tom that you went through a number of sessions to get back into it.

My friend got worked on a transition a couple weeks ago early in the day. He was shaken up a bit and was calling it quits for the day. I convinced him to go back out and regain his confidence. He did and ended up having a great afternoon.

It looks like we got through this season without anyone local getting injured to the point that they were unable to continue soon after. I know that EBone is our latest kitemare after a rigging problem went completely sour. I saw him a couple days later on the water and he was talking about how he just needed to get back out to work out the bad feelings from his accident.

-B