View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil Kenevil View Post
Rick- I put in Emails to First Flight insurance and IKO to see if this event (and others) would be covered. I will let you know what I find out ASAP. The info I reviewed doesnt say anything about special events or races, so it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
I have also heard a rumor that IKO is going to offer school insurance in the USA. Maybe with a little friendly competition, FF will have to lower their rates!!!
Thanks, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. I approached First Flight about this a couple of years ago and IKO last year. At the time FF wasn't interested in insuring events but perhaps that position has changed hope so. IKO was insured through Zurich, out of Europe not the USA at the time. I tried to arrange for event coverage through them. They claimed not to know what an additional insured was or to recognize the need for handing out insurance certificates to such parties. Only about 100,000 of these certificates get sent all over the USA daily by insurance companies I would imagine. At any event if Zurich/IKO come up with something useable it would be a very good thing. Fingers crossed on the outcome of your inquiry Stevil.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi