View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Skyway Scott

I love it too, Josh and love the local crew. Heck, I moved my entire life over here and Donna is moving as well. Most of the reason for the decision is the beauty of the area, the great wind, and the hospitality of the local crew. The job is fun too!

Biz, there were mainly out of town riders there that day with about 6 locals from what I heard.
So, you weren't the only "visitor".
I rode Matanzas all day Sunday and it was sweet
I didn't see anything odd and everyone was getting along great, as usual.

I don't know exactly about the situations you described, but I personally always speak up when I see something fishy.
It sounds like you weren't sure if it was acceptable or odd behavior.
In that type of situation, I think some advice would be to have asked the guys involved- - "Hey, is it really safe to launch that way?" or "Hey, why aren't you helping that guy?" etc. That's how I do it. Doesn't mean it's right, but you seem to be asking for advice. I have found 99% of kiters are exceptionally nice, cool and not really "turf or clique" oriented, at least here and in St. Pete, where I have kited mostly.

Well, it is STILL blowing here and Daryl and I are wrapping it up and gettin ready to ride!
Matanzas is a cherry spot for sure. Trust me Biz, if something jeopardizes it, the locals (including me) won't allow it.