View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 AM

Default So there seem to be about 3000 kiters in this area now.....

That time of the year when we should probably discuss how we can better our launch/landing areas with the obvious increase of local riders.

Few things I noticed on Saturday at the Skyway.. most everyone was far up at the point of the beach.. there was a lot of room down by the big Mangrove bush.. i had my kites there and there was maybe one other kiter utilizing that area.. not sure why.. lots more room for everyone if we try to spread things out.

Only a few people were winding up their lines after setting their kites down for a break.. need to do this for everyones saftey..

There was a rider not using a leash and he lost his kite twice. There were 2 small children and a number of people watching us kite on the beach right where his kite/line/bar went flying thru both times. I cannot begin to express how pissed this made me and how horrible things could have ended. I dont know the rider but I think many people do. I saw him back out on the water again w/o a leash riding a bow kite with a pulley bar (no depower line.. just a trim strap). If anyone knows him, please talk to him about this.

Please try to park as far from the beach area as possible. ..

Please give complete right of way to those launching and landing...

Blah blah blah...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa