View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I made it out for a second session tonight close to sunset. The wind was light again, around 12 to 15 mph and dropping near the end after sunset. Some shots follow.

A still shot, shortly after I got off the beach.

A screen grab from video after sunset. I am still playing around with trimming the kite, in light winds as it happens. Usually I wouldn't bother with my short board in these winds but so far so good. This time I attached to the middle pigtail and thought about landing to shift it to the one closest to the kite. Damo was saying he attaches to the outermost knot with good performance. Aside from an incredible skill advantage he is also about 40 lbs. lighter than me! In stronger winds I will try trimming that way and see how I do. Yesterday I did realize some fairly clean added power by attaching to the knots closest to the kite. His concern, a valid one, is oversheeting causing the kite to fly mushy. Sometimes you can correct a bit for this with the trim strap.

A still shot of the day winding down

The sun is down but the colors are really coming out. Another video frame grab.

A still shot of picking up the board after losing an edge. This kite can really load on the speed and power when you are edging even in lighter wind in building gusts. I just dropped a back fin as you can see making this sort of thing easier to have happen.

A frame grab from video about 40 minutes after sunset. I was surprised to see a useable image at this point. Lucked out with a nice colorful sunset.

Hope to get out there for some good wind in the 20 kt. + range, when it is served up of course. Fall winds have been a bit light lately. Good winds ...

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-14-2013 at 08:35 AM.