View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Whitey I totally hear you about the edit room so here is discovery channel's response to the hesitation I presented.
Since the whole thing has been totally publicized from the start there are a lot of variables. As I mentioned they would be showing my clip in the show without my interview. And would have people discussing the storm and the sport.
Im currently viewing the potential interview to be a calming, knowledgeable, final public discussion of my situation; and Discovery channel is a decent place for that.
My goal would be a finally to fay to get back to riding with buddies. Hopefully I get to ride before doing a possible interview to remind myself of some things

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for writing back. The name Rampage blankets a series of 8 episodes highlighting amazing footage caught on tape scheduled to air on The Discovery Channel. Your segment would fall within a weather oriented show complimented by expert interviews. This is NOT a „Money Shots Only!‰ show. Ultimately, the emphasis within your segment would be Tropical Storm Faye and what is was capable of doing, NOT what you may have done to yourself.
The rest of the episode would consist of amazing weather related incidents such as tornados, hurricanes, and typhoons caught on tape produced with other first-hand accounts and expert interviews. In fact, we‚ve alrea dy interviewed a NOAA meteorologist that gave us an education on Tropical Storm Faye that would compliment your potential interview nicely.
At Discovery, we strive to educate our audience and we couldn‚t do that without explaining the entire story. We need to know ultimately why you kite surf, how it works, how safe it is normally, how your experience enhanced during abnormal weather, what went wrong this time, how are you still alive, what keeps you going back out, what advice you have for other kite surfers, etc.?
Again Kevin, Discovery is about knowledge and education. We are not interested in sensationalizing your accident, we want to learn from it. Feel free to call me or reply when you get a chance. I look forward to speaking with you and hope we can arrange an interview. Thanks again.