View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thank you for writing. Congratulations on your son's miraculous recovery and rehabilitation. People around the world were very pleased to hear the news of his sudden turn for the better so shortly after the accident. He is a very fortunate young man in many ways not the least of which is having a caring mother. Your points are well founded and obviously given from the heart with cause. I share your sentiment about helmets (and impact vests) but we are in the minority in this view currently. I suspect this too will change in time as has been the case in so many other sports. Safety in kiting can come with improved decisions based upon reasonable training, experience and good judgment. The same can be said about many activities. Other important hard won lessons are contained in your son's harsh experience. In a more positive light, it has been my experience that some will take a closer look at their own practices following learning about such accidents. So, he likely has helped others avoid similar hazards.

All the best to you and your family.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi