Thread: Moved
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 AM

Default my name is....

To Rick:

Funny that you ask for my ID after I post, with a rather neutral position in the matter, and you leave gomogli unidentified after 3 personal posts against the grease-monkey...
Look, I am friends with Francisco and Ken AND with gomogli too...AND with Christoph... I'm friens with Juan, Camilo, Miguel...etc, etc... I have managed to keep out of their rivalries and appreciate each and every-one of them for what we have in common...Kiteboarding remember?..... I want to keep it this way....
but I decided to post due to the importance of this recurrent but mis-directed subject....(Accidents at Hobie... NOT Francisco's licence from the department of agriculture)
I've been around since Alex's accident... I'm a close friend of Claudio... I have seen what the risks of the sport are. They are inherent to the sport and not caused by an individual.
The only way to reduce this risk is with experienced authority through unity of the LOCALS... sadly we are moving in the opposite direction...

But hey, do what you have to do.

To Linh:
That is the debate:
Is some instruction better than no instruction at all?... The kook will try to go out with or WITHOUT instruction when the wind is right (or not)... that is a fact...I did it, you did it...everybody did it at some point... and at hobie not even gomogli can stop them alone.... If the solution is to have hobie as a experienced rider only beach, we will have to have a big local group enforcing it... that is the bottom line...