View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Great post Troubleshooter. I am a big fan of CGKA and although I haven't gotten to kite there yet, I have also have been a member to support their efforts. Industry does have a lot to do with their success, but it is also having good, honest people at the helm.

The reason Steve-O and I have issues is because I take access seriously and take offense to people being dishonest when it comes to discussing it. I have spent 8 or 9 years trying to build something that will truly work, starting with TBKA, and molding it into a full blown charitable org. that has all the elements necessary to not only be effective for access, but a positive force in the community. It was designed to create local chapters that are self sufficient, to let them make their own guidelines, do what they wanted in their own communities, and of course, manage their own problems on a local level. What is good for some beaches may not be good for others. The locals also know who the responsible ones are, and who isn't- it's up to them to fix it or lose their access.

For those who insist that I'm the bad guy, I encourage you to read the ASF Mission and Objectives and you will see exactly what I think is good for the sport. Simply take the generic 'sports organizations' words and replace it with 'Kiteboarding', and you will see that it's EXACTLY what this sport needs. It was crafted around the sport's problems and could be very effective in curbing them.

Our good deeds are well documented on this forum, through event permits with the county, and in the ASF event reports. We have logged thousands of hours in the community through beach cleanups, working with youth, and even adaptive sports events for the veterans. It took me 5 years to assemble that organization, and it can do everything that Steve-O is dreaming of and more. He wants no part of it because it doesn't put him in control. No Biggie, but my efforts and accomplishments are undeniable, while Steve-O has done nothing but try to tear it down and make me look like nothing but a troublemaker. Ask him about Kite4Kids sometime, where they took area kiters money and attempted to keep it (putting the entire burden on ASF)- right up until the day I called them out. As a reminder Steve-O, the kiters STILL haven't getten the race they paid for.
One thing about me is that I don't post things that aren't true- I post the truth and mix in a little ball busting- that's what makes it so effective. Strip away the ball busting, and all you have is the truth.

As an example, the business that he keeps referring me to as his lesson contractor used to have a deal with a hotel in Clearwater for SUP rentals. Being that I can never get a straight answer, I looked them up quite a while ago, and the state of Fla. says the biz has been closed due to "voulntary dissolution" over 6 months ago. It's easy to see that right here on the Sunbiz website. Furthermore, Clearwater is 20+ miles away from where we teach kiting, and insurance for SUP more than likely doesn't cover them for teaching kiting. Should I continue to take his word on it? No, they are risking everyone's access, and I want proof.

Now I have know that about DSKP for quite a while, but keep getting few the same line of BS time after time. Do you think that will stop them from risking our access? I personally don't think so, because as I said before, Steve-O and his instructors do not, and have never had any insurance to teach kiting. They advertise as PASA certified, but not listed on the PASA website here. In the real world, that is called false advertising, I just call it lying. He could shut me up real quick by simply giving up the info I requested- it's really that simple.

As you can clearly see, I am not making this stuff up. You guys can think what you want about my writing style- I may get zero points for political correctness, but at least I am honest. Our access does not depend on you liking me or high-fiving me at the beach. I am OK with that and always have been.

Have a great day.
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com

Last edited by Kiteboarding Tampa Bay; 04-03-2013 at 07:16 AM.