View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

A sample letter: Hello,
you the National Park Service GGNRA were awarded centennial differed maintenance money with matching funds from the Haas Family trust, great.
Use it for differed maintenance, not for an ill thought out redesign.
The current configuration of the parking lot is well thought out in the original EIR of 1996.
There are legally binding covenants in this EIR that the current park management seem to be overlooking in a rush to use this money in 2016.
I like the current configuration. The park service has been negligent in it's maintenance of the grassy areas, I wonder if on purpose to help along someones agenda on their view of how crissy field east beach parking is supposed to look.
The grassy/dirt casual parking is wonderful, people/families park and pick-nick right by there car. I love it that there is lawn available were ever you park.
The east beach parking is only full about 8 days a year on holidays, etc.
Your plan will increase paved parking from 95,975 square feet to 140,010 square feet.
I want less paved and more grass like it already is.
Spend the 5 million on fixing the promenade with out widening it, this will only cause congestion of people loitering, it will not help move the flow of people, and bicycles.Fix the bathrooms and sewer line. Rejuvenate the lawns, put in some speed bumps, and a couple stop signs to slow it down.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi