View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Lessons pay in cash, not BLOOD!

Hey I have to say that lessons are the thing to do, if you are not the type to spend hours researching, reading watching instruction vid's, YouTube shorts, or anything of that nature GET LEssons.
THis is my first year kiteboarding, and I have only been able to get out into the water a few times, and only once with any measure of success, as far as independant flight ( no help just my own ability).

I watched a guy get blown out into the open water with his kite on the water surface leading edge down. It was there planted firm but completly powerd up with an offshore gust he had no idea how to control it, or what to do to better his situation. He was done for, it took me and my friend to swim out and get him because he did not know how to eject from his bar, he did not even know it was there, all I am saying is that his lack of knowing the basic of safty could have cost him his life, and what hs did not know was something he would have picked up in the firts 30 min of any lesson, or 5 min of any youtube video...
He is here because I was there...

Lessons make a huge differance, learning about the "Wind Window", what winds are no good eg. On-shore Off-shore, Side wind. How to go upwind... so much of ths important information that can be discoverd the easy way (research/training) or the hard way ( puting your life in the hands of the every predictable Mother Nature). I know that it seems that the reverse is true, lessons and study are hard, and just doing it is the easy way, but it is not.