View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Here is an update from Neil on the race:

Just an update on the Bahamas Kite Race, if you have not seen or heard about it yet check out www.bahamacrossing.com. The event is on we have numerous teams singed up from all over the US and the world.
It will be taking place anytime between the 28th of November and the 12th of December.
There will be an opening party at the Treasure Trove bar on Ft. Lauderdale beach on the night of the 28th starting at 7pm and will be showing Kiteboarding movies, including uncut and unseen footage from this years Red Bull, King Of The Air competition in Maui.
Everyone is invited to come and join us in Bimini for the arrival party and awards ceromoney of the race, followed by a couple of days of fun riding in the Bahamas.
As there is not a set departure date for the event, if you would like to join us and be kept informed of the exact day of us leaving Florida please e-mail me directly at nhukusa@aol.com and I will put you on the e-mail list, you will be given a five day warning of a possible start date, then a three day warning and finally a 24hr notice that it will be definitely going ahead on that date.
You can fly to Bimini, Bahamas on Chalk's Airlines from either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami on a seaplane for approximatly $250 but pack light as the planes are small. We will be staying on North Bimini at the Complete Angler Hotel, Bimini Blue Water and the Sea Crest Hotel.
Hope you can make this historic event. If you have any questions or want to get on the e-mail list just either shoot me an e-mail or call me at 954-647-7228. Cheers Neil

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi