View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

This just in from another forum, skypilot.com

Quote:

On 2005-05-23 17:55, skypilot wrote:
Hey Rick,

I think I might come down for that! Are there opportunities to ride on safety boats so I can take photos and record the race for the Skypilot crew?

Let me know - p.s the harness arrived - thanks!

Dan

Hello Dan,

It is still early. It sort of went from concept to incipient plan in the last two weeks or so as Neil is healing from his leg injury. I imagine there will be quite a few boats, one for each team and then one for sponsors and interested parties. Still spaces may be limited and putting something like this on is going to cost some money. It should be well worth it.

Here's an idea, Neil tells me that Toby of kiteforum is thinking over putting together a kiteforum team, some guys on the central east coast of the USA are doing the same, etc. Why not put together at Skypilot, NW USA/SW Canadian team? I am thinking about putting together an FKA team just to be able to go and perhaps cross by kite.

I suggested this over five years ago when they thought the idea was nuts. Things have changed and it should be interesting!

This is an unique opportunity for participants and sponsors alike. I have been crossing the Straits to the Bahamas for a long time since highschool. It has always been something to look forward to. The seas may cook off this time with the seasonal winds blowing into the Florida Current, better to be on a board! It should be memorable.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi