View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Great idea Paul! You wouldn’t believe how many "instructors" were flying kites in the parking lot at Matheson and "handing off" kites on our lengthy beach this weekend.

Teaching from a boat is greatly appreciated by those of us that enjoy kiting at locations like Matheson which is usually over run by lessons. As you know, I have been in the industry for longer than most. It surprises me every time I see someone that makes a living from this industry actually taking chances with our access. All of these guys are good people and fun to hang with, but most need to take a bit more care with the kiting environment so that we can all enjoy it for a long time.

I hope that your lead will help other instructors in Miami to legitimize their operations. The days of undercover beach teaching are fast coming to an end.

In the long run, I suspect that if these guys invested in their businesses as you have, that they would be able to provide excellent value to their students while at the same time charging a higher price. It takes tons of work to teach lessons; all of you instructors deserve to be properly compensated for your work. Good job Paul!

Kent