View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

This just in from Neil:

" Just wanted to contact all of you and say thank you for your support and efforts last weekend, all of you make me proud to be a kiteboarder in Florida, we are leading the charge and the world is following us! I could not do it without all of you.

Sorry but there were a couple of mistakes in the results, this was my fault due to a small rain shower and my list getting wet and some ink running, I will correct them. I know Billy Blackman and Oliver B did much better than posted.

The pictures we have are amazing thanks to Gerry in the helicopter and Brian on the beach. I have not posted many yet due to me trying to get them into mags, if they are all over the net, mags will not print them, but more will be going up soon so keep tuned.

Thanks to all the sponsors that also made this possible and gave some great prizes.

Tiki Beach
Jupiter Kiteboarding
Brian Kovack Helicopters
Viking Surfboards
Transcend Clothing
Neil Pryde
Red Bull
Falcon Video Productions
fksa.org
Dakine
The Treasure Trove
Goslings Rum

Have been speaking closely with Jeff and Jazz from Falcon Video, they have been working super hard editing and are totally stoked on the footage they have of all of you. They are producing a DVD of the event, that will be for sale shortly to help cover their cost's and time, I will let you know when it is available and the cost when it is done. These guys rock, please try and support them.

Start thinking about building a race team in you area to represent city or college, I will start putting the criteria and rules in the next few days and hopefully by the end of this season we will have a state champion, looking to build a Florida State team.

As you know this was one of the qualifying events for the Bahamas Kite Race, if you had equipment failure or just a bad day don't worry as we will have more before selecting people for the Bahamas.

Once again thank all of you, we once again made history, stay tuned to our local fksa.org for more events and happenings.

Cheers Neil"

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi