View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Being a outsider and haven't ever been to EB but seeing it's a state park I find it strange that the state would allow any type of commercial business at all in the park as it opens them up to liability big time. Here in RI we have a semi famous poleboard spot named Fogland and the town found out that a local shop was charging for rentals & lessons etc and they almost got chucked out and was forced to stop everything. (didnt bother me a bit as he tried to tell me kiting was outlawed there, i promtly showed him the center of my butt) Any comercial business being done on park land is not allowed unless it's permitted in. So I would say all you guys teaching and charging money & exp if you are advertising that are on thin ice and if the state feels that they are being subjected to liability (of which they are) you're going to be chucked out, they don't want to deal with permits etc. And as for local riders I would suggest strick kook police just like we do up north here, if you don't know what your doing your not kiting there period.

As Big D says go get a real job and enjoy kitesurfing without exploiting it and most likley screwing it up.