View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Very good suggestion. I seem to remember someone posting a rig similar to the one outlined in Whitey’s post last year. I agree that rigging from a boat is tricky and feel it should be easier with bows vs C kites that fo show. I’ve launched a C with Chili last year and it was tricking. We looped the chicken loop to a cleat and simply lauched directly down wind. Launching like that was a rush that’s for sure and you can damage a kite quickly, not to mention stretching and possibly breaking a line.

The ride should be down the coast and therefore a beach launch and landing should be possible. Minimizing the need for any boat launching.

I spoke with Jason O. today and we discussed this ride. I committed to fueling the boat as I would not ask that anyone consider that. It just might melt your credit card. I’m figuring that at a rate of $3.85 /gal. and a 225 gal tank, thats $866.25 just for gas, throw in the oil, and your at roughly $1,000.00. There might be a couple of dollars left to pick up a small bottle of Belvedere and that always makes the Captain happy.

We could make this a couple day trip down the coast with the intentions of making it to the Keys. Coming up short would put us in many safe smalls towns to shack up for the night. I like to do things on a limited schedule. “ Where we end up, is where we shack up”.

After the Back to the Bay 2008 Kite Masters, we need to finalize a plan and get ready for and adventure.