View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 AM

i had billy parker jump right behind me (in my blind spot) right as i was transitioning.. his kite lines went over my kite ... i was ready to hit my QR so fast it would shock and amaze you.. but he kept screaming for me to stay there.. he ran towards me and got right behind me.. i sheeted in and jumped through his lines and out the way..

no twists in this case but it was pretty damn scary since we were kinda close to shore..

twisted kites that are looping should be released if there is no one nearby to help..

again.. with a lot of wind.. no one should attempt to stop the kites unless they are in perfect position to do so.

too much risk to the guy wrapped up in a kite in water..

somoene trying to calm the kites should be looking to pull the dump valve ASAP. catching a tangled kite is very dangerous.. especially if its got another kite tied to it.

best for the riders to pull their QR if there is any doubt. if possible keep communicating with the other rider.. QR at same time if you can..

if there is some control on the kites.. maybe just a simple twist of the line.. try to communicate and crash the kites ...

maybe others can comment.. i just see that there are so many variables at play here that can go from small twist to major kitemare in no time.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa