View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 05:02 PM

I was in a tangle myself once. fortunatly or unfortuantly its was in shallow water. Thankfully it was a lighter day otherwise the shallow water could have been a curse. the other rider and i sat next to each other to talk (stupid when kiting) we had out kites and different spots in the window then the wind played some tricks and the next thing i know my kite went over the other riders kite. I started to freak but forsome reason i wound up staying calm. even though out kites adn lines with tangled we were both able to cotrol our kites enough to stablize them and then come up with a plan to get untangled. So my advice would be to try and stay calm and then think about the best and safetest solution to the problem that you are BOTH in. Im not saying that youll be able to regain contol or beable to stay calm, but it worked for us in our situation. I kept stearing my kite to 12 and the other rider slowly started to drop to the edge of the window. I layed flat on the water while he stood up and then unhooked and let go of his bar. took off his leash put them through my lines and effectively untangling the both of us. He then reattached his leash and relaunched his kite. I said sorry about a million times and owed him a few beers. Luckly things work out fine and no one was hurt, just one heck of a good scare for the both of us.