View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM

You are right Kent...and thanks for the input. As we got down to it, I realized the only way to secure safety would be to have each kiter be connected with a boat. We thought about it both ways...

I totally agree with you and am completely open to ideas (nothing is set in stone...other than we have to be safe...)

I worry about the spread...say you are in a boat watching 3 or 4 kiters in front of you and 3 or 4 behind and...one goes down, bladder pops and all there is is a head bobbing and we don't even realize untill?? We could add the safety gear ...flares etc... Paul found a cool locator device that could be used too.

Done correctly, the boat spread could work.

The other issue with the distance it the wind. The day we did it was windy...but it still shut down on us for a half hour...that would suck with 65 kites and 8 boats...

The other thing I thought to do was to limit the actual race to the 12 most qualified racers (from previous race accomplishments) and then have the rest ride in like three groups that remain together just to complete the Challenge. Also, the 12 most qualified will stay much closer together making it easier to track...