View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Can't Re-member

Smile

We where limited to just one of the Greek islands, called Kos, way out on the dodecanese chain. About 6 mikes from Turkey and just north of Rhodos. Thw Meltimi wind pumps up like clockwork everyday around noon and blows from the N or NW very steady anywhere from 15 kts to 35+ kts.
By the time we got our rental car, we were able to explore the island more fully and found at least 5 really good spots.
Kited everyday that we wanted to once we figured out that the wind was pretty much always on as long as you were willing to drive to one of the other spots if there was no wind at your spot.
Amazingly, if there is no wind at your beach it can be howling just a few miles away! Beautiful places and impossibly blue / tourquoise / green water. Marmari, Kohilari, Mastichari, Tingaki and Psalidi are all good places.

Just got into Hood river, no wind today for BOG apparently. I've been kiting the Gorge two weeks every year since 1999 and never once found it a pain in the butt except for the first year when I used an f-one foil and got the living CR@P knocked outta be by a gust that lofted me from the sand spit halfway to the marina. With c kites it's all been good. Flat kites you don't even notice the gusts anymore. Really its all people kite on over here anymore it seems.

Hope you guys get some kinda fix over there

I'll have a new 17m contra III that will be waiting for me when I get back.
Looks like we'll need it.
Anybody that wants to demo it is welcome to try it in the st Pete / Tampa area.