View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:17 AM

those ranges need to be taken w/ a huge grain of salt. Yes you can with the right experience and the right board use these kites in those ranges but you are most likely going to be out in the middle of the ranges.

i fly a 12m and 16m waroo. the gap between the two is pretty good. i'd say when I am getting overpowered on my 16 its time to go to the 12 and I am in its range.

the main thing to understand is that you are not going to find a single kite to cover all. I bet that you would find a lot more use out of a 14 to 16m kite than a 13 to 11m kite. but if you want to enjoy your time out on the water, you prob need to get both.

i'd recommend the larger kite first as it will get you out in moderate winds and thats the correct learning conditions.

with the 12 you would need more wind to get going .. which means you are nearing that range where its gets more difficult to learn and becomes a bit more work.

if you are more skilled than I am assuming then its really a toss up choice. one kite is not going to do everything for you..

i rode my waroo 12 all last spring in wind i didnt think it would even fly and i had a blast.. but i get a ton of use out of the 16m and it does hold down in some big winds.

i'd say get the 16 as i think you will use that the most and start saving for a smaller kite as well. a 3 kite quiver is really what you will need. the 3rd kite of course would be an 8 or 9m to get out when its nukin. probably dont need to invest in this until next season (or can get a good used deal over the summer)

hope this helps.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa