View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for getting in touch. Neil would be a good first point of contact regarding a possible future event. He didn't seem real anxious to undertake all the risk of this great event again anytime soon when I last spoke to him about it. Then again if an effective program could be pulled together for risk management, Neil or perhaps another organizer might step up. A big part of RM is reasonable liability insurance coverage. This doesn't seem to be available at present, "there's no market" or as of my last inquiry. If you have ideas in that area it would be great to hear them.

Another part of RM are proper disclosures and well crafted waivers. Perhaps you could help with these areas. You can see the waiver that Neil worked up for the race in 2005 higher up in this post. I don't believe he had legal counsel on the final form of this form. Your ideas along those lines would be most welcome. Also, any other suggestions you might have to make this undertaking more realistic and palatable from a liability standpoint for organizers and sponsors would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi