View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Rick, I am a new kiteboarder to the scene and did my second lesson there this past January. My first was up at Jupiter Kiteboarding. Decided to take a lesson that was close to home.
It was my first time at Damons Beach and was kind of suprised they could even give lessons there. The day I went the beach was packed with people. It was fairly light winds and about 6 other kiters. My biggest fear was losing control of the kite and crashing it on someone. worked on body dragging for an hour and called it a day. Those kind of learning conditions really made me lose my mojo to learn. Continued on to the flats of key west and Crandon where the learning curve helped me big time and the set up was much more in control. Also required to get IKO certification. There were no suprises and no crowds.
No disrespect to the crew at that beach but I agree they need to get some permits, and work on specific times for lessons and not just do it to make coin regardless of how crowded the beach is.
Would love to go to the next town meeting. Can you please post earlier when you know of the next one.
It would be a shame to lose access to that spot.