View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 AM

sorry my bad, the video i looked at showed self launch......

self land

in the water you always have the option to put kite in water, with out holding the bar and then , go up the out side line pulling in, disconect you bar and keep pulling kite to you. Any time handling lines, you have to becarefull.
When you disconect the bar and let it go, it just drifts downwindbelow the kite and doesnt become a mess.

On the beach....this is advanced

what i do is i let the bar out so the kite is sitting on the beach. i grab center line[the one closest to were the leading edge is pointing] and i start to walk up wind. Once i get upwind of the kite, i pull very hard on the center line and the kite falls over, then i walk towards the kite after its down, still walking up the line.

A point here...you disconect the chix loop from yourself, but leave your leash conected to the chix loop....just incase of a problem, my kite doesnt go godzilla down the beach after everyone.{i sometimes leave the chix loop conected to my harness like in the photos}
Try this is light winds and when you understand the angles of this, it is fine instronger winds......you always can use you safety and let go of the bar as well, instead of any of this.

THE KITEBOARDER will have a whole guide this issue, so stay tuned for great photos and all the text, i hope this helps....i need to go out on the water and test some new stuff!