View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 11:43 PM

Default discovery channel request

I have a production request from discovery channel. Looking for a few senior suggestions - Some of you would think "dont do the interview" but I would like to view as a way to show who I am with a full brain capacity.

This would be my 6th time on tv and I don't want them to catch me offguard. I am a decent rider with limited knowledge of what I have attracted.

Ok with that said:

Kevin,
My name is Chris Perez and I am a producer for Cheri Sundae Productions and The Discovery Channel. I am writing to you because we are producing a special program entitled "Rampage" which is scheduled to air on Discovery and we are interested in producing a segment regarding your kite surfing accident during Tropical Storm Faye.
We would like to know if you would be interested in sitting down with us to conduct an interview regarding your experience. We would only need a couple of hours of your time and could pay you for your participation. We could go to you and are very flexible.
Please reply or call the numbers below when you get a chance. I appreciate your time and it is good to know that you are recovering from your injuries.

Chris Perez
Story Producer
Cheri Sundae Productions / The Discovery Channel

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure I can probably do an interview. The program name "rampage" is a hesitation. There has been a lot of negative press on this incident and I will not be willing to promote any more productions that could push restrictions on the sport. My goal is still to attract viewers for knowledge of the sport and what I have gone through. My lack of fear of death while doing what I love can be interesting with emphasis on understanding the conditions you are facing.

Provide me a description of your show and your planned interview questions.

A few suggestions while you come up with questions:
kitesurf community related questions
riding on tv is a possibility
promoting the safety aspects of the sport and what I did wrong that day
full recovery
a goal to leave a soulful respectable footprint

Thanks Chris,

Kevin Kearney