View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Do you find the wind is better in Lake Worth than points south? Before the 2004 hurricanes took out the pier, that is the trend the wind meter established there
Rick~

I find the wind as long as she's blowing is good anywhere :P
I kite mostly (cause it's close to work and home) between Boynton Beach and Lake Worth.
Yesterday afternoons conditions, Being S-SW were good once you got away from shore and out past the "GAP" in the pier.
I also agree~ The NOAA station that was located on the Pier and Lost in the 2004 hurricane season is SADLY missed. It was the ONLY "TRUE" wind conditions report that I relied on. I may be a little bias there since it was @ my home break :lol:

You asked about points south, My decision yesterday was based apon 2 things.
1) There was a NASTY looking bunch of clouds hanging over Gulfstream/Delray @ 5pm last night

2) I didn't expect it to be ridable yesterday and my gear was at home (Lake Worth) My entire drive home, I was looking at my tell-tale trees and figured it for a 16m & 140cm fatty session.
To my supprise as I head east over the Lake Worth Bridge, The white caps in the ICW told a diffrent story ~n~ So my 12m & 120cm hanacrew were my weapons of choice.