View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

It is a dramatic shelf cloud, the most intense one that I have seen. The fact that there are a bunch of kiters before it accents it even more so. Thing is, we do have clouds like this, shelf clouds anyway. They are fairly common although again, I've never seen one quite like this. They seem to show up in some tropical systems in particular. We have more violent sudden squalls in South Florida than most other areas that come to mind. In the summer there are thermal squalls and embedded squalls in tropical systems. In the winter there are squall lines with fronts. I've spent some years looking at windgraphs we do have quite a few powerful ones. Thing is, most other areas I've seen information for ALSO have violent squalls at one time or another. South Florida doesn't have a monopoly on them at all as some people believed in years past, stupidly. Pays to know weather, wherever you ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal8199 View Post
That looks to be on an apocalyptic level, not what a t-storm looks like here, that has a very well and scary defined look to it!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi