View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 AM

Rick,

Thanks for coming down. I was happy to see that despite some grey clouds looming over our current economy that windsurfing and kitesurfing enthusiasts came out in droves to trade in some trash and take advantage of the sale.

I think that almost everyone took advantage of the $39 shorty deal. I guess that riders feel cold fronts on the way! It's good to see that we've been able to get most of the C kites off the beaches over the last few trade in sales as this will hopefully help to keep our beaches open and lessen the potential for accidents. As you know, many times beginners are looking for cheap alternatives to get into the sport and have no problem finding a "good" used C kite at beaches for sale cheap. Usually this same guy will opt not to take lessons and this is where the problem comes in. If we take the option off the table, it's more likely that we can steer them in the right direction and toward some newer technology and instruction.

In short, I we saw more windsurfers than kitesurfers this year. This was surprising given the still rapid growth of kitesurfing and the massive amount of exciting deals in the shop. If anyone is looking to save some money and update their quiver, we still have Revolvers, CB3’s, and Contra’s available priced between $899 (Revolver all sizes) and $999 (Contra / CB3). If you’re looking for the highest level of performance and unmatched technology, check out the new SB and CB IDS kites. We have them in stock and ready for the next session. See you on the water.

PS. Once you have had a chance to ride the new SB IDS, let me know how you like it. I’d also be interested to see how it compares against the other kites you have. Thanks.

Kent