View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Default nude beach

The front page of the Key West Citizen had another story on proposed sites for the nude beach and printed a picture off the launch area at Smathers as one of the recommended sites. I went on the naturists site and found that they are now going to start holding meetings down at the beach. Myself and most of the riders do not have a problem with naturists, we just want to protect our riding area, and bathers where we ride will cause a lot of problems. I have left a message for the naturists to call me as I think it will be better if we can work with them for a solution than against them, I have also been in contact with the reporter who wrote the story and she has promised to mention our concerns in her next article. To preserve our riding area we are all going to need to stick together as a group to show the city we are also a tourist attraction and a positive group of persons who are also beneficial to the city. (the naturist predict a nude beach will bring an extra---wait for iiiitt 287 000 people per year) Do not ask me how they came up with this high number.
At present a lot of the local riders have said they will also get pro active to protect our riding area, I am also going to schedule another meeting with the City Managers office and anyone who would like to come and give their input can call me at (305) 407 6748.

Thanks, Greg