View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 08:09 AM

Certification is MORE THAN LIKELY to be required in future organized events. It would not be a bad idea to get certified if you plan on competing. However, if you have had basic instruction and are comfortable on your own, I see no reason for someone to decide to require certification if you are riding for recreation.

Things like large turnouts for pinellas county beach cleanups are a way for the kiting community to show our appreciation for the use of the beaches and keep a positive image in the eyes of rangers, etc.

We don't need to hide from the authorities, but at this point, I don't think we need to ask them to enforce a rule that hasn't even been agreed upon. I think Bryan L's idea of having a good attitude and approaching someone and taking it from there is our best bet right now. Chances are that if its blowin, there will be a large group of "local experienced riders" goin'. As a group, decisions can be made on a case by case basis as to the best way to handle a situation/person if it appears to be a dangerous situation.