Thread: Close Call
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 AM

Good job guys and very good information that's for sure. Having been the Rescuee USCG it's much harder to find a person in the water than a large object. From the air a human head is like finding a Basketball on a large body of water. Staying with the kite is the best option because you can see that from the air and as uchuche points out all is so very true. I agree with all that if you can isolate each bladder so at least they all don't deflate the better off you are. I would also keep the board close by at least with that you can wave it around and use it to signal someone. I wouldn't tie the kite to me but tie it to the board and then try to blow up the smallest bladders first to try to get some floatation. One other thing that might be good is carry a whistle so if you do get into a situation you can signal someone they are small and they make alot of noise the small orange ones are great because it's all plastic and the ball is plastic or cork so no real maintenace. I think the key thing in this situation was everyone looking out for each other and that is commendable too all involved. Well done indeed! Warm Winds! Never leave the boat Chief! Mike