Thread: 6.26.06
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 11:34 PM

Bryan, I completely agree with you and have considered selling the 25.5 and picking up a 15 Ion so I could fly bows when I want and C's when I want to because I think they both have their advantages but am not sure that the price I could get would make it worth selling the machine... Plus, there ARE those days where the 25.5 is the only thing that will fly although they are very few and far between...

That being said, today was the first day I flew the 17.5 M Machine and it is by FAR my favorite kite that I have flown yet. I haven't flown a bow yet so hopefully I can soon to see if it would be worth buying one...kind of cautious because I don't want to get confused when riding one and the other...I guess I'll find out soon!!!

As for helping the guy out who was trying to launch the Cabrinha, yeah you can look at it that way that newbies have no business at the backside. But today Billy made a great point. He said he would rather help someone who has obviously decided that they are going to launch their kite rather than sit back, warn them about their kite getting torn and either being able to say "I hate to say I told you so, now go see Keith at Advanced Sails to fix your kite..." or having to make the 911 cell phone call. I'm with Bill. This sport is so cool because it isn't so cutthroat like other watersports are...I hope we can keep it that way and be cool to our newbies...they will be your bros real soon!

I started watching and I am kinda unhappy with myself for that. The good thing is that EVERYONE at the sesh helped Bill out eventually and helped out a future friend...