Thread: Florida Trip!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Hello Nick,

I am disturbed to hear your report about the school. Doesn't sound very good at all. Best policy in LBTS is to stay well away from bystanders and bathers, regardless of what you see the school doing. If such behavior is continued it will likely see them thrown out of the area. If you have clear areas near your hotel, best to launch and get out past 100 yards from shore and stay out until time to come in.
The school was out last 11/2007, and don't worry I did not follow their example, I was very surprized they did that. I walked way up the beach away from all the sun bathers/bystanders to launch and immediately body dragged out past 100 yards and rode. Body dragged back in at same spot. This is pretty normal kiting behavior at almost every spot I've been too...

Will there typically be more kiters at Delray or LBTS?

I am always extra careful when coming to a new area; I know locals are always worried about visitors, so I try to be extra careful and set a good example.

I'm on a work related trip right now across the country (with a little kiting on the side), just went through OK, stopped by a local lake there, Foss lake. Unfortunately it was a little lite, but I put up my kite anyway incase there was some wind higher up and because I was there. I was able to plane out and ride a little just to say I did...looks like a great spot for an inland lake...

I'm in Phoenix now, planning to drive out to Rocky Point Mexico Sat and Sun, then I'm off to L.A. to try my luck on the Pacific...Monday...then, back to Michigan when I have Tuesday off, to search for some local winds...