Thread: Florida Trip!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoNP View Post
The school was out last 11/2007, and don't worry I did not follow their example, I was very surprized they did that. I walked way up the beach away from all the sun bathers/bystanders to launch and immediately body dragged out past 100 yards and rode. Body dragged back in at same spot. This is pretty normal kiting behavior at almost every spot I've been too...

Will there typically be more kiters at Delray or LBTS?

I am always extra careful when coming to a new area; I know locals are always worried about visitors, so I try to be extra careful and set a good example.

I'm on a work related trip right now across the country (with a little kiting on the side), just went through OK, stopped by a local lake there, Foss lake. Unfortunately it was a little lite, but I put up my kite anyway incase there was some wind higher up and because I was there. I was able to plane out and ride a little just to say I did...looks like a great spot for an inland lake...

I'm in Phoenix now, planning to drive out to Rocky Point Mexico Sat and Sun, then I'm off to L.A. to try my luck on the Pacific...Monday...then, back to Michigan when I have Tuesday off, to search for some local winds...
I am not surprised that you didn't copy the schools example, sound too sensible for that. And am gratified that you normally encounter more responsible behavior in other areas. It is a very good policy to scope out new launches before rigging up and going. You will likely find more kiters off South Delray than LBTS if there is good wind. I probably mentioned avoiding the area near the pier in LBTS last year, a touchy area with the township due to past rider problems.

Wow, you cover a lot of ground. Hope you find some good wind sessions somewhere! I've not had a kite up for over a month, I think. Still, it's OK as I wasn't really expecting to be able to. I've even missed a number of rideable sessions. Looking forward to the return of frontal season though.

Have fun

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi