View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM

not saying that at all tom.. just that each kite def. has its range that it performs the best in.

i know you have many hours logged as a rider and will be able to hold down more on a 16 than the average rider.. and will be able to get more out of a 9 than others.. but i am talking about complete coverage w/ the best range for each kite.

there is a much larger range for hybrid kites compared to a C, that is a fact.. i just think that a 9 / 16 combo would be perfectly completed with a kite in the middle to cover that mid-range you might be over or under powered for depending on if you rigged your 9 or your 16.

example..
you get to the beach.. its blowing 18.. it MIGHT increase.. maybe.. maybe not..
do you rig your 9 or 16..
if it increases to 22 or so.. you will be really powerd (maybe overpowered) on your 16.. or really nicely powered on your 9..
if it decreases and you rigged your 9 you will be underpowered and prob have to come in to re-rig.
throw up a 12.. see what happens and you will cover that range + or - a few knots in either direction .. if it increases or decreases by a solid 5 knots in either way you will still be doing great on your 12 until you can come in and re-rig the next appropriate kite.

on days where its looking to increase or decrease i typically inflate 2 kites on the beach before i go out.. last few times ive been out ive had to step to a larger kite..
times before I had to quickly move to my 9m due to insane increases...

then again.. ive seen Ebone take his 9 out w/ his glide in super light conditions.. its all a matter of style and preference. i like to ride moderately powered.. i think Danny likes to ride a bit overpowered..

you are welcome to test drive any of my kites anytime

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa