View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 02:50 PM

Sounds good. Hey Neil, I was just taking a look at the rules again and am wondering if we may be able to make a slight adjustiment. I was looking at Google earth to see just how far out 300 yards is and it is a long, long way. For example even the second reef at Pompano is not even 300 yards out in places. I am wondering if a simple 100 yard rule might be a bit better. This would clearly keep rider out of the swim bouys, but would also make for a bit shorter swim if you break a line. I am also wondering if we shouldn't just say "stay at least 100 yards off the shore for the entire race". As it reads now you just have to stay off after the check point. 300 yards is very hard to guestimate and I would think that 100 would be pretty easy. I also think that in an effort not to lose beach access that all riders should police eachother and that any rider determined to have ridden inside the swim bouys be DSQ'd as long as 2 witnesses agree. Of course in the case of equipment failure (foot strap screw,etc.) provisions could be made. Thoughts?

Kent