View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey guys,

It is great the wind is back. Been lots of good days in recent weeks. There is a long tradition of outstanding South Florida events going back many years. Considering we haven't had any since last season, now we have two first events and on the same weekend. I would ask that event organizers see what is scheduled and try to work things out to where riders will be able to attend most of them if they want within reasonable limits. As far as I can recall there aren't any other open events on tap for the next month or so. There really is no reason to overlap schedules at this early stage unless forced by circumstances. btw, I believe participation in the event in Tampa is limited to registered college students.

Kent started putting something together for this time slot several months ago, when the Bahamas event was forced to be cancelled, he came up with this local event a few weeks ago. Brad, your event for this weekend was announced yesterday, correct?

So, for future unique events, lets try to work things out among organizers in advance, ok? That should improve not only rider participation but also sponsor involvement in these trying economic times. When I am notified of events I try to put them up on the Calendar and in other parts of the site to try to avoid just this sort of problem. You guys put so much work into these events it is only fair to you that as many guys as can make it participate, right?

Congratulations Brad, is that two and three? Your family is growing!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi