View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 AM

I am a friend of Lloyd's and Kristin who lives near the Chicago area. First I must extended my condolences to his family and all his friends.

Thankfully I was I fortunate enough to have met and shared waves with Lloyd. Whenever I wanted to discuss anything related to water he was the first person I called regardless of the discipline. He was a true "Waterman" in every sense of the word.

These pictures were taken during the Paddle Out Ceremony. I was on Mackinac Island and just completed an offshore sailboat race when I was made aware of Lloyd's passing. Unfortunately there were no boards to be rented on the island so I had my own water side ceremony for Lloyd. While looking for a place on the island I noticed some kites flying over a building near a*beautiful*point. When I turned the corner of the building these kites were flying by themselves. They were tied to the ground.... just a solid breeze keeping them up.*

Here are a few of my pictures. Lloyd joined me as you can see.*

My deepest condolences!!!!!!!

Louis

One last thought, Lloyd always spoke very highly of the kite/surf/water community in FL. He loved the people, scene and overall positive mana. Everyone meant everything to Lloyd, he always wanted to share his stoke with others!

Sorry for the technical difficulties with posting pics. Hope to get them posted soon.