View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 06:32 AM

SnowKat, the best DVD that I have found for beginners is the "Zero-to-Hero" DVD from Real Kiteboarding in Waves, NC. They have a website, www.realkiteboarding.com that you can purchase it online from.

As a novice kiteboarder who bought all the instructional DVD's that I could find, some before my lessons, and some after, this one is the single best beginner instructional DVD out there. Matt Nuzzo should win an Academy Award for his calm, friendly and sometimes humerous demeanor throughout this training DVD.

The combination of chapters, repitition, slow-motion, and discussion about the mechanics of learning this awesome sport is second to none. The bonus features, especially the candid Q&A session with their instructors is fun, but informative also. Although I'm sure that this DVD will be good for someone who hasn't taken their lessons yet, it is most beneficial to the person who has taken lessons, but doesn't get many chances to get out and practice. For that person (me), this is a must-have refresher course.

Many thanks to Trip Foreman and Matt Nuzzo for forming Real Kiteboarding, and especially for making their DVD's available to people who haven't necessarily taken their actual instructional camps. Having driven down to Avon, NC for the past ten years for windsurfing, and recently kiteboarding, vacations, I have sworn that I'll try to make the time to go to their Evolution kiteboarding camp one of these days.