View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Hey Rick,

I stayed in a 2 bedroom home (Tranquility) Bita Bay. It was nice and the views were spectacular. We flew from Daytona to Treasure Cay and took a water taxi to Green Turtle Cay. Travel is pretty painless for a place like that. Rented a golf cart for our transportation. It was nice to have the town of New Plymouth with three grocery stores and a liquor store. They say the population is around 300. They also have a snorkle dive center and fishing guides.

The Gully Roosters were there and they are the number one band in the nation I might add. They were at the Green Turtle Club on a Wednesday night. The lead man for the band played at Pineapples one night also they are great.

I liked Bita Bay (probably because it was in front of the home we were at) and there is reef several hundred yards out with waves. The 4th(last) picture you posted is Bita Bay and just to the south is Gilliam Bay. We had light winds and they blew from every direction. We kited Bita Bay, Gilliam Bay, South tip of island and Coco Bay. The south tip and Ocean beach we accessed by boat; however, you can reach launchable spots by a short walk. It is just easier to use the boat to cary the shark bite kit(beer cooler).

The first picture you posted is Gilliam Bay and behind that point to the left is Bita Bay. 1000 yards out behind the point are the waves.

The second picture is a view of Coco Bay. It is on the north west side of the island and is on the Sea of Abaco side.

Lots of shallow water and beauty everywhere. In image 222 of the slide show I had a large ray next to me and that is Coco Bay.

I did not rent a boat; however, Eddie Toy knows some of the locals that do and they let us tag along. Thanks to Eddie for all his hospitality. He is talking about getting a crowd together and staying on the island and having a large sail boat to use to venture out and go to spots depending on wind conditions and to use to do some down winders.

I am looking forward to returning.

Clew In