Thread: Saturday 30th
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 03:33 AM

Default saturday 30th

A few of us will be down there, the winds are supposed to be good, but be careful, lots of squalls expected, yesterday we were on the beach when a small squall came through, it went from calm winds and clear skies to 25mph and almost zero visibilty in about 3 to 5 minutes, about an hour before this I refused to launch a friend who wanted to try and go out with a thundercloud right behind us, he was a bit pissed of at me, but after that squall came through, I think he relaxed a bit, this same friend of mine also almost had a bad accident kiting in the storm conditions last week, but luckily, was saved by another kiter who ended up getting a little hurt for his effort.The sad thing is my friend can not see the ignorance of his ways, not only does he have no clue re. how storms can effect the wind, but he is one of the guys that almost always puts his kite over the powerlines while walking on the beach. The really scary part is that he did lessons , has been kiting for about 5 years, is a pretty good rider, but is so ignorant of the basic safety issues.

Be safe

Greg