View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi Trouble Shooter,

As I haven't been there personally due to travel obligations, it's hard to comment from first hand experience. I will say that thus far we have received generally good comments. Garry Menk commented that the venue already feels better and that everyone was abiding by the new guidelines.

The only thing I heard was that some inconsistent pricing was offered on kite instruction, but we will get to the bottom of this ASAP. We have a printed price list and I'm not sure what could have happened in this case. Our head instructor is out if town and this could have caused some confusion. On the other side, we need to print some more signs, etc. On one for example we have Kayaks $15, but doubles are $25. We were held to $15 on one double, but these are small issues that will work out over time.

We have offered exams and free training for those kiters on the edge of level 3. I haven't received the numbers of people that took advantage of this yet, but I'll let you know once I find out. We will no doubt go though some glitches, but I'm sure that we will be able to overcome most. On the bright side, we have had zero accidents and to my knowledge no kites in the parking lot. I can say from past experience that before the change we would have had 2-3 by this time.

I'm sure that there will be some friction after the July 1st deadline for streamers, but this is purely up to the riders. The team is available to exams, etc., so please plan accordingly. We are also hoping to get the ticket to ride program up and running by the 15th of July. I think that most are enjoying the compressor and shade so for though.

Thanks for checking in. If you personally see anything that needs to be addressed, please send an email to Kent@npusa.com. Thanks.