Thread: dumb question
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 11:13 AM

The last thing I need right now is another kite but i was wondering about what happens to the ones that dont sell. By the way scott that 12 m atom you sold me is hands down my favorite kite. The contra was really easy to learn on in terms of not having to struggle to relaunch it and stability, but I think it falls short in terms of upwind flying ability and construction. I wonder if the new contras are better in these areas?
In terms of a nice user friendly and good performance light wind kite I am really impressed with the 19m Liquid force assault 2. That kite cranks upwind and turns pretty well for a beast of that size. Bar is much improved over last years but i'm not crazy about the cleat system for depower. I bought a 20 m LF M80 on ebay from closeout dude, pumped kite up and it exploded. LF sent me a brand new 19 m assault 2 for 99$ complete. Shipped it to hatteras for me as they didnt get it to me before i left on the trip. Great customer service by LF!!! Cant say the same for cabrinha, who gave me extreme runaround trying to get them to pay for repairs on their weak leading edges. Rambling ... hoping for some wind in the next few days!