View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Wow, same old crap. Who gives a shit what kite people ride? Followed by the RickI "misquote" on kite prices. I know who cares about this stuff (and the only people who care) - the people that sell and distribute the kites to make money. Always looking for an "edge", a press release, anything, in efforts to sway one more rider so they can clear more money off that next possible sale. These types dream about this stuff at night (sad, I know).
Then they somehow manage to suck in so many others around them in to this ridiculous branding mindset. Heck, they even make vids following a race featuring only riders of their brand. If that is a supposed vid sharing the stoke of an event, then I am Muhammad Ali. This bias and fractured brand oriented view of kiting is not what good clean fun (which is what kiting was originally about) should be. But for those selling this stuff, stoke and fun are simply tag lines used in sales pitches to make bank. Nothing more. To believe otherwise is beyond naive.

Congrats Mike, you have always been about having fun. I am confident you indeed love your kites and it's great you are sponsored, you deserve it.
This pimping at the top is what makes some of us (especially me) disappointed as they jockey for pimp pole position (pun intended).

Scott