View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 03:41 PM

I feel that the current moderators that you have in place are fine and I think that adding a couple more of YOUR CHOICE would not hurt once you see the traffic in the site and follow the posts of some of the members to determine who should be added. I think that the main focus should be kiteboarding in the area and getting along as a group. I have already seen a couple of backhanded comments in this thread alone that you won't pick up on unless you know all of the guys in our community. I will not elaborate or point fingers, but rather think that you need to observe the relationships on the site for yourself in order to properly choose approprite moderators.

Finally, I do think that people should be able to speak their minds freely on the site and have it out on the forum instead of on the beach if needed. Bad blood can get to a boiling point if censorship gets in the way of people who need to express concerns, needs, aggrivations, frustrations or anger with other riders or individuals. I personally am looking to belong to a forum where everyone tries to get along for the most part but still allows for opinions to be expressed without said censorship/deleting of threads. As long as noone is saying "I'm gonna beat the crap out of you" or means physical harm in any other way, I would hope the moderators won't take things too seriously and enjoy the fact that people have differences and working them out on the forum is much better than on the beach...

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink!!! But they need to be heard to create one cooperating, smoothly operating community within the community.

I will send you some suggestions for moderators Rick but suggest you wait to see how the site develops first. There are a lot of clicks in our area and voting may not be the best course of action...

Any name is fine with me, I live in Palmetto so unless you are naming it the Palmetto forum I don't care what it is called!!!

Take care and your site rocks!!!

Toby