View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Great input and insights there Kent. I bet some of the other guys learned some good things on this run and have some intriguing stories to tell, so you guys put in the time and exertion ... let's hear about it!

Also, I spoke to Neil and he said the race is definitely not going to go off on Thanksgiving Weekend, so that means it could happen on any day after November 26, 2006. Hopefully, good useable winds will come on the weekend of December 2, 2006. He said it might even happen on a weekday. Hey, just take an early, 3 hour lunch, and blast back to work the rest of the day, easy!

I've heard a lot of different comments about board choices for these open ocean races. Guys are experimenting with different custom boards as well. Although not destined to hump it to the winners circle by choice, I have had good performance from my Waterboard. Waves and chop don't really bother it, it just slices through and hammers on. My formerly beloved directional boards bounce the hell out of me, so they get to stay in the closet. What have other folks experienced out there?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi