Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Big winds East coast weds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan'sWings
Rick , Ive got a delivery job over in Boynton Beach tomorrow/Weds. forecasts saying 20-30 SE with 4' waves. Thinking about bringing my GK Sonic 11m.

There is south of the inlet itself but the beach there is guarded so I wouldn't try to launch on the public portion. HIGHFLYN rides up that way pretty often and could provide some more specific info.

*****NB- watch out for squalls, there is no shortage of violent storms these days. We had a gust spike to about 55 mph early this morning, another one hit about an hour ago with wind running up into the 40's. I would check color radar, on your cell phone if possible *****

Still radar image
http://www.news12now.com/weather_doppler_post.shtml

Radar loop
http://www.news12now.com/weather_dop...oop_post.shtml

Phil

It's definatly B-L-O-W-I-N-G out there right now, 18-21 knots with higher gusts.

As for launchable spots in Boynton beach on a SE to ESE wind. Hammock park which is just north of the Boynton Public beach, parking for Hammock Park is on the west side of A1A (walk across A1A and thru the "Hammock" to the beach. Has the best launch area with a WIDE beach. Personally on a SE to ESE I prefer Boynton Inlet on the North side, GR8 waves to enjoy and the wind is cut down a little due to the North jetty. There will be a bunch of surfers there today though ( I know I used to be one of them, Just give respect ) The beach is not a WIDE as Hammock. But still plenty of room to self launch and land there. Fisherman on the jetty should'nt be an issue since it's sorta a crappy day.
Got that right, it is 24 kts and climbing by the windomatic. Then again there are a bunch of "red snakes" crawling over the radar loop. The squalls "may" become more numerous as the day wears on. So, if you see a clear hole with a good margin, you might have a go. Even some of the less threatening looking clouds, lighter gray, etc. can toss out some dangerous gust spikes so have a care.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi