View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 12:11 PM
tomstock

I don't think it's loyalty as much as what's familiar, affordable, or just not available from anyone else at the time.

When I took lessons it was all on best gear. The instructor hooked me up with a complete kite for less than anything else available new at the time so it was a done deal. Since then Best has been letting C kites go for $300 or less so I bought them up. I do have one slinghsot fuel that I bought from Scott because the price was right, a Best Float because noone else made the size I wanted for the price I wanted to pay, and a Best bar because the kiteloose bar I spent too much on was a complete piece of crap. Oh, and a $200 anomaly because the Slingshot Glide is a rediculously overpriced square skimboard with toy fins.

I wouldn't call it brand loyalty. I'd just call it knowing when to take someone up on a good deal or knowing specifically what you want and finding out which company makes it.

Most of those deals for me just happened to involve Best gear but it could have been anyone if they had met my requirements at the time.

God knows Best has soiled themselves like many other companies. No way I could be loyal to someone who is just trying to get THE MONEY FROM MY WALLET INTO THEIR HANDS!! I mean c'mon! :lol: